THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dorothy's Ruby Red Slippers


I got this awesome idea from a blog somewhere while searching.....


They are ruby "slippers". I made them for one of my best friends who was pregnant with a little girl. She had a blue and white gingham dress made for her to complete her "Dorothy" ensemble. She looked adorable!
I purchased a paper box from Hobby Loby and spray painted it a red glittery color. Then I found a picture of the Emerald City and the yellow brick road, printed it and glued it to the lid. I wrote "May she always find her way back home" on a tag and burned the edges, punched a hole in it and strung it with a pretty ribbon to tie the box closed. She loved it!
I wish I could find the blog I found this idea on..........

0 comments: